Thursday, January 02, 2014

Book Chat:  Code Talker by Joseph Bruchac is a good historical novel about Navajo Natives whose language is so complicated that they were code talkers during World War II and the code was never broken.  Ned Begay has grown up being told by his white teachers never to use his native language but he has always managed to hold on to who he is.  When the military recruiters come calling, Ned and his friends sign up and head for the Pacific to help fight the war.  If you like adventure and war stories, you'll enjoy Code Talker.   Call No:  FIC BRU (Historical Fiction)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would read this book because I like war stories and it seems interesting.

Anonymous said...

I might read this because I've never read a war book and I might enjoy it

Anonymous said...

I am intrested in world war 2 so I would definantly read this

Ian Vandgrift

Anonymous said...

I will read code talker it seems like a good book. Tommy c.

Anonymous said...

No I would not like this book because I like funny books not historical.

Jasmyn

Anonymous said...

No I would not like this book because I like funny books not historical.

Jasmyn

Anonymous said...

I would suggest this book to some random person I don't know because it sounds like a good book and because I can.






Name: buttsaggington a.k.a (Connor)

Anonymous said...

I would like to read this book because it tells you about World War II and I like war stories.

Tyler

Anonymous said...

I would read it because it sound like a book I read called crack the code and it was good because it had unixplaneabul things happen so I think I would like it

Anonymous said...

I would want to read "Code Talker" because I like reading books about wars and army subjects


Mason D.

Anonymous said...

I would read it because it sound like a book I read called crack the code and it was good because it had unixplaneabul things happen so I think I would like it

Anonymous said...

I would not like this book because it would not seem interesting.hailey simmons

Anonymous said...

I would want to read "Code Talker" because I like reading books about wars and army subjects


Mason D.

Anonymous said...

Continuing last comment

Code Talker makes me think of army's Morris Code. This book would sound interesting to people who like stuff I like to read.

Mason D.

Anonymous said...

I read Percy Jackson and the Gods of Olympus Lightning thief. I like this book because I also like Greek gods.

Mason D.