Friday, December 05, 2008

Reference Center

Using only Wikipedia or Google is not the best use of online resources. Using the Student Research Center can really help you with your homework. Think of an assignment that you have been given recently. Which site or sites would have been helpful to you and why?

22 comments:

Leigh Ann Hood said...

Who2,world aminace,for S.S. I was looking up people in Europe.

Nicole

AnGeLa said...

I couldve used factmonster to look up words in the dictionary.

-Angela

Unknown said...

I would use the world almanac for social studies questions.I could also use the internet for reading defenitions.

Leigh Ann Hood said...

ms. hood has giveing us a assignment w/ old books w/ f.t. storys. I used Google I found Despereaux. It is about a mouse who likes a princess. He gets sent to the dungeon with a red string. He meets with jailer. He also meets a rat named Roscuro. Eventually Despereaux rescues he princess.

Matthew Comas

Leigh Ann Hood said...

Math assignment on dimilcs.The web site best for me would be LearningExpressLibrary.com cause it shows all kinds of stuff like math skill improvement.

Leigh Ann Hood said...

Mrs.Brown gave us a assignment on monstertrucks.
We had to find out how mouch they cost and how mouch they weigh. I would use fact monster because it has a encyclopedia.

Crayton

Leigh Ann Hood said...

Mrs.Brown gave us a assignment on monstertrucks.
We had to find out how mouch they cost and how mouch they weigh. I would use fact monster because it has a encyclopedia.

Crayton

Leigh Ann Hood said...

Mrs.Davis gave us a assimint.I would use the Alminace for looking up what qestins.


Tytan

Leigh Ann Hood said...

um i waslooking up famous plp in the civil war and i used factmonster and who2

mikhaela131@gmail.com said...

u could use factor monster to look up for stuff like looking up words that u dont know.






mikhaela funk <3

Leigh Ann Hood said...

Ms.Davis assigned the thing happened in the industral revlotion. I would use a Factmonster encyclopedia to look up industral revloution the take notes.Because,it has a good bit of info for anything.


Tristan Evans 5A

Leigh Ann Hood said...

Ms.Davis gave us a assigment on dates that happened. So i went to Factmoster because its an almanac.

Kari Keefover

Leigh Ann Hood said...

um i was looking up famous plp and i used factmonster and who2







-Brittiany Brumage

Leigh Ann Hood said...

i use
online
dictionary,
factmonster
for when i
do definitions
carley

Leigh Ann Hood said...

I got a book repiort and the kids search engine because I could have used it to research the book.


Kristen Riffle

Leigh Ann Hood said...

I got alot of info from google i like google because it helps people.

kayla Hardesty

Leigh Ann Hood said...

i don't really use sites for my homework but when i do for instance when i had to go look zchicavski i used google it's so easy to find my info


-sabrina

Leigh Ann Hood said...

i used fact monster to look up words in a dictionary i looked up spelling words.mrs thorn gaveus that work.

Kornell

Leigh Ann Hood said...

Ms.Davis gave us an assignment on dates.She made us go on a web site and find the event.I went to Factmonster because it is a Almanac.


Kari Keefover

Leigh Ann Hood said...

Mrs. Brown gave us an assignment on online math problems so I used Factmonster because it is a search engine and it has math games.

Leigh Ann Hood said...

I would use an atlas to look up were i wanted to go on vacation.I would need it to go to the beach.so use an atlas if u need a map. I would use Grolier because it has an atlas.


Matthew Morris

Leigh Ann Hood said...

Mrs. Davis is giving us a asiment about the palitecol partys. she gives us some sites to look at. I pickt EBSCO database beause it hase a eniclupeda.



Jacob clutter