I was one of those people who avoided reading Holes for a long time. When I finally read it, it quickly became one of my favorites. What a well put-together novel from start to finish. I hope you are enjoying it too. I have two questions:
1. Who is your favorite character so far and why?
2. Why do you think that the author entitled the book Holes?
Monday, September 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
29 comments:
zero and my fav.part is they found gold
bc there diging holes!?
My favorite is Zero because he is true to himself.
there diging holes bc there in jail and thats there 2 punishment!
i hope that makes sence to u!
I think its because the warden is a desendent of Mr.Walker and wants the treasure.
when ur at the jail camp then if u lie then ur just diging a biger hole that means that ur going to keep lieing and lieing bc one lie gose to another
that makes sence to the book called holes
my fav is cave man because even tho he didnt still the shoes he still went to camp greenlake.
He called it holes because they say its supposted to be biluding cachter.
Zero because he is strong and likes diging holes. Because its about people who have to dig holes for bad things they did in there life. And because they tell lies and that digs them into a hole.
zero because he is a good hole digger. It think it is because a bunch of people all dig for gold.
Zero because he is so true to himself.I think it is because Zero & Stanley dig themself into bigger holes by running away.
i like zero and i think this book is about building charecter and if ur telling lies ur going to get in more trouble
jasmine
zero because he is very helpful and nice and goes far to learn to write and read and spell. because stanleys no good pig stealing grandfather dug the first hole with a lie and it lead to more lies.
Hunter
I, pick 0 as my favorit and he has a story of his life.I think why it was named holes is because they are fourced to dig holes aganist their own will. I, felt sorry for o when he lost his mom.
Erica
1.Zero is my favorite because he is a person that is learning how to write and learn words,and because he likes to work,and dig holes.2.I think the author named the book holes,because he wanted to show the readers that its not only for digging holes.
Sean
1.Stanley because he is funny because when he drove the truck threw the hole that was very funny and because he is very nice to zero by carying hm up the mountain.
2.he probley wanted to show you what its like when you get in trouble how it like when you stell something.
Jazmyne Cole
My favorit character is Zero.He is my favorit because he stood up to the deen and said "I ain't diggen no more holes." then steps back and run's away. I think the auther was trying to state that stanly had a hole by not haveing any friends when he was in school, and Zero had a hole by stealing.
Karis Doughty
my favorite character in this story is zero because he was friendly enough to dig stanley's hole for one day.The author wrote the story because he is telling you that since they did bad thangs in there life that there diggin bigger holes in there life so they should dig them at camp to teach them a lesson.
Zoe
The person in the holes story that I like is zero becuase he told stanley that he stole the shoes not stanley. Zero has a deep bad hole becuase he would stele shoes.
Mariah P.
My faverite charecter is zero,because hes like the mystery person to me,and i think that he is awesome to be in a story.
I think they called it holes because it was about dum kids who had to dig holes for hard labor.And they experienced lots. Brennan B.
Zero because hes nice and he is a great digger and he helps stanley dig his holes sometimes.
because a lot of people digged holes and got holes in there hearts.
Tyler Richardson
zero because he's a great digger
cause there all diging for tresure
Zero because he stude up to the lady and mr.stre. he admitted he stoll the shoes.
Cameron Gibson
1.zero because he is the reason stanley even got that box because
he saw Stanley Yelnats on the box
2.because it is like a punishment for bad kids they have to dig holes
Kaitlyn
Zero was my favorite character.
Because zrero digged a lot of holes and got a hole in his heart.
my favorite character is mr.sir
because he is always making funny coments and he has a big mouth.
I think the author intideled holes
because hes' talkin about holes in peoples lives and because they dig holes.
alexis
1.my favorite character is zero because he hits people with shovels.
2.i think because of he was thinking one day and just got the idea.
Gage
my favoite character is Zero.
cose you haf to dig Holes. ol of the character war in trouble holes.
My fav. character is Mr. Pendanski because he is funny in a mean kind of way.
I think the auther entidled this story Holes because ,not only do they dig holes but there is holes in there harts
Makenzi
Post a Comment